Forum Posts

Wayne Zgrajewski
Apr 18, 2022
In General Discussions
Pulled the Reaper out couple of days ago and found myself with a ski that turns over but didn’t fire and noticed that the bilge wasn’t cycling. So I popped the hood and found the Cdi wasn’t alive. On referencing the wiring diagram and troubleshooting page, of which are very informative, I started pulling it apart to get to the Cdi plug. On accessing the plug I started locating the 3 main wires that activate the Cdi. green and yellow wire- earth Red wire - constant positive yellow wire- this turned the Cdi on and also supplies power to starter solenoid. So all the wires had a feed except that the yellow only was building up to just over 10v with the starter engaged and if I disconnected the starter solenoid I got the 12v and bam the Cdi was alive again. I connected the starter solenoid put it all back together and I am back in business, but without a real fix to the problem and am sure I will be inflicted with this fault again. I am thinking that it would help the situation if the Cdi was prompted before the starter engages. Does anyone have a workable solution? And yes I did check for any issues with the wires and connections.Though on reflection I measured voltage drop at battery when starter was engaged and it was just a bit over 10v which is lower than it should be. I am going to check cable and connection on starter tomorrow, it would be interesting to see what everyone else gets at battery when starter is engage.
Dead kavinci cdi content media
0
0
24
Wayne Zgrajewski
Apr 03, 2022
In General Discussions
Reaper with KV997 parts I’ve had to replace what I think caused it and what to get. 1. Starter - (I fitted a extra earth straight to starter) Fits Many Kawasaki 650 / 750 / 900 / 1100cc Engines OEM 21163-3712 Bendix- Yamaha superjet/ gp1200r / gp1300r The Yamaha bendix I used was a lot smoother throw than the stock one. I had the bolts holding the starter come loose and starter fell out. It’s worth checking starter is secure periodically. Because I started it with the starter half off I damaged starter spline and bendix. 2. Stator Plug at front of stator cover fell off and wires disconnected from plug connected to stator cover. There are 3 yellow wires and the positions in the plug can go anywhere. It is a Deutsch connection, YouTube how to disassemble and assemble. I removed stator cover reconnected wires and used apoxy glue to secure plug to stator cover. It seems to be good now without coming out since. Boat building epoxy glue whilst taking a day to go off is a must have. It holds its form similar to vasaleen and as long as parts are clean and prepared forms a very good bond. 3. Steering arm had movement up and down causing steering arm to drop far enough to damage carby shroud. I glued shroud back together with my best friend epoxy glue. But any sign of movement up and down should be rectified straight away. There are 4 Allen key bolts below bar clamps, loosen and whilst holding bars down tap steering arm up from the bottom until snug and retighten. 4. Just a general knowledge item. The primer button is exactly that, it’s function is to squirt fuel into the the Venturi of the carb’s. It isn’t like the bulb that helps prime the hose to a outboard, you are not pushing it till it gets hard. Push it a couple of times and start straight away whilst the fuel vapors are present. 5 I ended up putting a Yamaha flush connector instead of the original one due to ease of use and quality. 6. cables going from bars to engine bay need protection where the enter the engine bay. I noticed mine were rubbed through and I am expecting a shorter service life now they have been exposed. 7. I puchased some thin rubber that has adhesive on one side to put between the bonnet and the hull where the two sections rub on the sides. 8. I did a air intake mod using a safari snorkle off a old Land Rover discovery I purchased for 50 dollars. it has mount points in the perfect position and a profile that fits nicely whilst having the volume to supply enough air. I cut the hole in the bonnet to suit the pipe and use apoxy in a large syringe to apply neatly around where the pipe located and on the pipe, and assembled tightening the two bolts on the cross brace to the pipe. There are photos in another post titled airbox mod.
0
0
29
Wayne Zgrajewski
Apr 03, 2022
In General Discussions
So went for a flat water ride friday and I felt a little bit of up and down movement on the steering shaft followed by a little bit of stiffness that went away straight away. Well the reason the stiffness went away was because the steering arm had moved down it had its way with the front carb shroud, and next adventure being submerged dumped a gut full of water down the now uncovered carb. It was suggested When I bought it that the reapers have a habit of sucking water in when partially submerged and it bogg’s them down at the most inappropriate time. so anyway this is what I came up with. It looks like it belongs, so now I just hope it works as intended. I was able to fix shroud with a boat building epoxy glue
Air intake modification  content media
0
0
31
W
Wayne Zgrajewski

Wayne Zgrajewski

More actions